Monday, February 16, 2009

Poems I wrote A long Time Ago

A few years ago, when things were not going as well as I hoped I wrote the following:

A new Day arrives
Hope is no longer Alive
For All that I strive
The goal now has become to survive

A prayer or a wish
He no longer makes
He used to be willing to
do whatever it takes
Now is interest is
only what he makes.

He laughs out loud if
only they knew what was
under the clouds.
Everythig is a secret among a crowd.
Can a heart cry out loud?

----------------------------------------------------

Some wear smiles
Some wear frowns
Each one hoping they do not drown

The lake of trouble arrives.
Each must decide.
To Endure or Overcome.
To Concede or Retreat.
------------------------------------------------------

A year has gone by
and I have made many cries.
Time seems to fly
and nothing seems to happen.
Patience is fleeting.
Desire is burning
to serve Him is my deepest Yearning
With many things I have been flirting
but I believe
this year I will serve Him more
and help me fulfill this yearning.

------------------------------------------------------

I am waiting on You
I put my hope in You
You died for me
May I live for you
Make my satisfaction in you
You are the light of the World.
Light my path, just so I can see you.
Make your name the only thing that matters.
Make yourself my only joy.

-------------------------------------------------------

No comments: