Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I am writing these today, because tomorrow looks awfully busy. I was never big on writing them down, but last year I wrote them downd and it is kind of fun to go back and see what you did.
Last year some of the goals I met were:

1. To get my weight to 180 or less and keep it there (Accomplished)
2. Go to Wrigley Field and Yankee Stadium (Accomplished)
3. Read through the Bible (still in Isaiah, but that is not a bad thing)
4. Write Letters (I did this once, and the recipients were very appreciative)
5. Be less analytical and more relational (I will need to add that to this years list)

My goals for 2009 shall be as follows:

1. Go on a mission trip. I need to do this to determine if that tug in my heart I feel is a calling of just something that I am interested in, it is well past time that I made this decision. Whatever i decide, I am going to make that decision and have no regrets about it either way.

2. Run 1,000 miles for the year (I will need to average about 19.23 per week)

3. Complete the Bible Reading, but complete it in a meaningful way and not just to say I have completed it.

4. Avoid Isolation (This might be big for me, because it is very possible that I am going to live alone soon, and I tend toward this, and I know it is not a good thing, so I need to work on avoiding it. Spending time alone is not bad, doing a lot of it is.)

5. Again, I have to work on being relational with people, not analytical. Perhaps, one day I will figure this out.

6. Read many good books, I am most excited about Heaven by Randy Alcorn.

7. There are others but they are for me to know and you will have to ask if you want to know.

1 comment:

jgs said...

so can you expand on #7? I'm just seeing if you read your readers' comments....