Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Uprising

Pardon my writing, but I will probably have 3 blogs for the evening.

I just finished reading a book, it is called "Uprising" by Erwin McManus. Honestly, the 1st part of the book was kind of dragging along, but the last part of the book pierced me as no other book has before. *Obviously, this does not include the word of the living God, which is sharper than any two edged sword, and pierces me over and over again.

He said, "God's goal is not that we become affluent, but that we become generous" amen to that.
That is very contrary to what a lot of christian TV teaches and/or preaches.

This was the most moving part of the book to me, the one that caused the deepest reflection and some sincere introspection:
"Love requires trust and trust always requires risk. He knows we will never fully experience love unless we give all of ourselves away"

This was very difficult for me to read, because I have a very difficult time trusiting anyone. The reasons for this are many, and some may be considered valid....if I were not a Christian. It seems to me that I have a tendency to trust people until they let me down 1 time, and then that is all I can trust them. Of course, this seems extradonarily arrogant. That might be okay, if I didn't let people down, but I do, as we all do, turns out there is only one perfect person and he happened to be God incarnate. I am glad I read the book until the end even though I was not enjoying the 1st part, for it has convicted me and hopefully it will help me grow into a more trusting relationship with God and all of the people I know.

No comments: