Monday, September 1, 2008

New York






Allright, so I am back from New York. It was the 1st time I had been to the state, much less the city. The sole purpose of this trip was to see Yankee stadium before it was shut down and replaced with the new one. This is the outside of the new one.




This was a trip that was planned just a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, I have a friend who now lives about an hour away from the city and offered to let me and 2 friends stay there. We flew up on Thursday and got in about lunch time. After lunch in a New York town, we headed to the Baseball Hall of Fame. This is an amazing experience and this place is out in the middle of nowhere. Actually, you go to the middle of nowhere and then go about a hour more into nowhere and there it is Cooperstown.
































That is the entrance to the Hall of Fame, we had to go through quickly, but if you are a baseball fan you have to at least go there once.

Here is the Ranger representation, the guy on the plaque, not the goofball standing next to it:







The following is the 1st class and on of my favorite displays:



























If you ever see that hat in the display on the right, you let me know so I can buy it. If you get me that hat you will be one of my favorite people.




Now, for the game. Our friend told us that if we came up there we could stay with his family for free, but that he would also get us tickets. Well, let me tell you about these tickets!!!! We were expecting that we might sit in the upper deck, but after talking to him maybe a little better than that. Well, when we got the tickets......Let the picture do the talking:


I have many more pictures but that is enough for now.

No comments: