Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Texas Rangers

I am about to convince you why the Texas Rangers will win the World Series. This may be the longest blog I will write. I am doing it now because my baseballe excitement is winding down as the football season kicks into gear. I have been a long suffering Ranger fan since I was old enough to know what baseball was. I am such a baseball fan that when I was young I used to fake stomach aches so I could stay home and watch the Cubs or Braves. Now, as an adult my 3 most recent vacations were centered around seeing baseball games. You might say I am a fanatic (fan for short). Well, if you know anything about baseball, you know that the Texas Rangers do not have a storied history. They have been playing Major League Baseball in Arlington, Tx since 1972 (allegedly). I was born in 1978 and shortly thereafter I became a Ranger fan. I have no idea why this is, but I just loved baseball for as long as I can remember. I can play catch or home run derby for hours and hours (Yes, that is pathetic, but that is the way it is). The Rangers have treated me to exactly one Playoff win. Now, if you are a baseball fan you know that it takes at minimum 3 to win a playoff series. The Rangers are 1-9 in playoff games, all against the stupid Yankees. Well, many local fans have turned their allegiance to other teams or just give up hope on the lowly rangers. Not me, I will never give up on this team. Each year, about this time I get very dissapointed and say I will probably not watch as much next year, but as soon as the opening day tickets go on sale I will be giving my money to this team who has brought me nothing in return. Why, you may ask? I guess Baseball is my drug and I am truly addicted.

Here is why the Rangers will win the World Series in the Next 10 years.
1. They finally have a plan and seem to be sticking to it. We need more pitching has been the motto of the Rangers since their inception. Usually, if we have a good pitcher we give him to another team for free. The following names are former Rangers....Chris Young, Edinson Volquez, John Danks, Aaron Harang, Justin Durchsherer, Armando Galaraga and I am sure there are more but that is off the top of my head. All of these guys are having tremendous seasons as pitchers, but not for my beloved Texas Rangers.

I think they have finally started to develop some pitchers and hope they can keep them.
I think we have a championship rotation in the Minors if they are allowed to develop. Remember the following names:

1. Neftali Feliz (thank you Mark Teixera and the Braves)
2. Derek Holland
--If you want to get excited go to Milb.com and look at the numbers of these 2 guys, they are coming and they are my 2 favorite prospects. Of course, I thought Juan Dominguez had something too and you probably don't remember him.

Those are two guys with ace potential, but the real reason for optimism is the following list

1. Eric Hurley
2. Matt Harrison
3. Michael Main
4. Blake Beavan
5. Tommy Hunter
6. Neil Ramirez
7. Kasey Kiker
8. Brandon McCarthy (maybe, I am losing interest quickly)
9. Carlos Pimentel (he is several years away.

These guys are all pitchers and we need to have 5 good ones. I know I am missing a few, but the more you run out there the better your odds of finding one.

I think the Pitching is coming but soon we will see.

Now, we need to get to the rest of the team. The following is the lineup I think may get us there

1. Julio Borbon CF
2. Michael Young 3b
3. Josh Hamilton RF
4. Ian Kinsler 2B
5. Chris Davis/Justin Smoak 1B (One will be traded for Pitching)
6. Max Ramirez DH
7. Boggs/Murphy LF Platoon
8. Taylor Teagarden C
9. Elvis Andrus SS

UIF Jose Vallejo
4th Of TBD

Now this leaves out the bullpen, but that will work itself out.
Will the Rangers ever win the Series? Yes, at least that is what i tell myself every March.

1 comment:

Bethe said...

The annual emotional cycle of a Rangers fan: denial, anger, grief, acceptance.